Zu Inhalt springen
Europas größte Bau & Baumaschinen Community - Mitglieder: 36.254

Roofing contractor keeps giving me the runaround

I signed a contract a few months back to have my roof and gutters replaced. They came out the next month and replaced the roof. They asked for 40% down up front with the rest being due when the job is complete. They did the roof in a day. It went well except one of the valleys is crooked and and it is clearly noticeable. I was called a couple days later and a rep from their office (let's call her "Ann") left a message asking for feedback on the job. I let her know they did a good job and politely informed her about the valley. I also sent her a pic and she agreed it should be fixed and would work on having it fixed ASAP. A couple of days later, someone from the company (the scheduler I think) left a message in a somewhat rude tone of voice about scheduling the repair. I'll call her "Margaret". I called back 20 minutes later and was routed to the main line (secretary). I left her a message for Margaret and she did not return my call. I followed up a few days later and was told that Margaret was out of the office. I followed up again the following week after that and was told she was off that day. I left messages each time but no return call. A week or so after that, I contacted Ann and she said she would find out from Margaret when it would be scheduled but Margaret "stepped out of the office". No follow up. I followed up the following week and had a similar response. A week or so later (a month ago), a DIFFERENT person called to ask if the gutters were done. Apparently that job was outsourced to a subcontractor. I told her no and she said she would contact the company and work on getting it scheduled. I have not heard back. There has been very little snow so I can't see bad weather being an excuse. That being said, I figured I'd let it go until after the holidays. I called the main office the other day and the secretary answered (really nice and polite lady) and I fill her in. She was empathetic and then brought up this "Margaret" again and said she'll let her know I called. Still no response. I have not even heard from the billing department nor have I received a bill for the remaining amount so I assume they do not expect to be paid the remainder until the job is completed. In not one of these conversations was there any mention of money owed. Is it unreasonable to expect some sort of communication on their end? I'd satisfied with a "we're really busy right now so it might be a month or two", but not even getting that. Not really sure what to do at this point. Should I contact the estimator who I signed the contract with initially? Is it time to figure out how to get in contact with the owner of the company? Or am I being impatient here? My concern is they will start charging interest for unpaid balance and then I get a larger bill down the line. I am trying to figure out if I did something to upset somebody, or if they are swamped and/or just plain unorganized. I'm at the point where I'm ready to pay the cost of the roof minus the botched valley and gutters, and then find someone else do the repair and gutter replacement, but we did sign a contract

Registriere dich um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen.

Just now, dehapo said:

I signed a contract a few months back to have my roof and gutters replaced. They came out the next month and replaced the roof. They asked for 40% down up front with the rest being due when the job is complete. They did the roof in a day. It went well except one of the valleys is crooked and and it is clearly noticeable. I was called a couple days later and a rep from their office (let's call her "Ann") left a message asking for feedback on the job. I let her know they did a good job and politely informed her about the valley. I also sent her a pic and she agreed it should be fixed and would work on having it fixed ASAP. A couple of days later, someone from the company (the scheduler I think) left a message in a somewhat rude tone of voice about scheduling the repair. I'll call her "Margaret". I called back 20 minutes later and was routed to the main line (secretary). I left her a message for Margaret and she did not return my call. I followed up a few days later and was told that Margaret was out of the office. I followed up again the following week after that and was told she was off that day. I left messages each time but no return call. A week or so after that, I contacted Ann and she said she would find out from Margaret when it would be scheduled but Margaret "stepped out of the office". No follow up. I followed up the following week and had a similar response. A week or so later (a month ago), a DIFFERENT person called to ask if the gutters were done. Apparently that job was outsourced to a subcontractor. I told her no and she said she would contact the company and work on getting it scheduled. I have not heard back. There has been very little snow so I can't see bad weather being an excuse. That being said, I figured I'd let it go until after the holidays. I called the main office the other day and the secretary answered (really nice and polite lady) and I fill her in. She was empathetic and then brought up this "Margaret" again and said she'll let her know I called. Still no response. I have not even heard from the billing department nor have I received a bill for the remaining amount so I assume they do not expect to be paid the remainder until the job is completed. In not one of these conversations was there any mention of money owed. Is it unreasonable to expect some sort of communication on their end? I'd satisfied with a "we're really busy right now so it might be a month or two", but not even getting that. Not really sure what to do at this point. Should I contact the estimator who I signed the contract with initially? Is it time to figure out how to get in contact with the owner of the company? Or am I being impatient here stripes roofing? My concern is they will start charging interest for unpaid balance and then I get a larger bill down the line. I am trying to figure out if I did something to upset somebody, or if they are swamped and/or just plain unorganized. I'm at the point where I'm ready to pay the cost of the roof minus the botched valley and gutters, and then find someone else do the repair and gutter replacement, but we did sign a contract

thanks in advance for any help

bearbeitet von dehapo

Diskutiere mit!

Du kannst jetzt antworten und Dich später anmelden. Wenn du bereits einen Account hast kannst du dich hier anmelden.

Gast
Antworte auf dieses Thema...

×   Du hast formatierten Inhalt eingefügt..   Formatierung wiederherstellen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch umgewandelt und eingebettet.   Statt dessen nur den Link anzeigen

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gerade aktiv   0 Mitglieder

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Neu erstellen...