Zu Inhalt springen
Europas größte Bau & Baumaschinen Community - Mitglieder: 36.240

Volvo Grader

Graderfan

There are also a 970 and 976, the 970 being 6x4 and the 976 having hydraulic front drive. When they switched from the 7xx series to the 9xx series, the 710 became the 930. The 720 became the 940, and 730 became the 960. Then the 740 and 780 became the 970 and 990. Those last four have a larger engine (d10 in the 740 and 780, D9 in the 970 and 990), and a longer wheelbase and different rear axle to the smaller machines.

Registriere dich um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen.

This one here is the machine that I run. The motor is listed as a "Volvo D8", which it sort of is. It's actually an engine built by Deutz, but Volvo is one of the larger shareholder's in Deutz. It's been a really nice machine to run, but like a new technology, it's had it's Gremlins.

image.jpg

Yes, the D stands for Deutz engines. The first versions from Volvo (VHP series) had Cummins engines, that are the ones which they takeover from Champion. And the G710-780 B-Series has Volvo Deutz engines since then.

@ Fatgraderman
Have you more photos of your grader? The form of the fenders on the tandem wheels looks nice smile.gif

In Deutsch: Die ersten Versionen von Volvo (VHP Serie) hatten Cummins Motoren, das waren die Typen, die Volvo von Champion übernahm. Die G710-780B-Serien wurden ab dann von einem Volvo Deutz Motor angetrieben. bearbeitet von Graderfan

I've got a couple more. I'll gradually add different ones of different parts of the machine, engine and stuff as I get a chance.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would like to show you these.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those are the points where the snow wing attaches. It used to be on older graders, there were big vertical beams that the snow wing would slide up and down in. Originally cable, I think you have pictures of these, then without cables, directly hooked to hydraulic cylinders. The most common now are like pictured here. There is a linkage at the front that the wing hooks directly to that moves the front up and down on. No mast to look around or be hung up on. Then the back, there's one arm on the wing that goes to the top, and a hydraulic cylinder to move the outside of the wing ties into the bottom. Here it is on a CAT grader that we haven't taken off yet.

image.jpg

That's pretty much how wing's are mounted on all recent machines here. It's so much less cumbersome then the old style. I didn't see that on any other threads I had a chance to search through.

Diskutiere mit!

Du kannst jetzt antworten und Dich später anmelden. Wenn du bereits einen Account hast kannst du dich hier anmelden.

Gast
Antworte auf dieses Thema...

×   Du hast formatierten Inhalt eingefügt..   Formatierung wiederherstellen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch umgewandelt und eingebettet.   Statt dessen nur den Link anzeigen

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gerade aktiv   0 Mitglieder

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Neu erstellen...