Zu Inhalt springen
Europas größte Bau & Baumaschinen Community - Mitglieder: 36.260

Volvo Grader

Graderfan

QUOTE(fatgraderman @ 08.04.15 - 03:12)

I've got a couple more. I'll gradually add different ones of different parts of the machine, engine and stuff as I get a chance.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would like to show you these.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those are the points where the snow wing attaches. It used to be on older graders, there were big vertical beams that the snow wing would slide up and down in. Originally cable, I think you have pictures of these, then without cables, directly hooked to hydraulic cylinders. The most common now are like pictured here. There is a linkage at the front that the wing hooks directly to that moves the front up and down on. No mast to look around or be hung up on. Then the back, there's one arm on the wing that goes to the top, and a hydraulic cylinder to move the outside of the wing ties into the bottom. Here it is on a CAT grader that we haven't taken off yet.

image.jpg

That's pretty much how wing's are mounted on all recent machines here. It's so much less cumbersome then the old style. I didn't see that on any other threads I had a chance to search through.

Thanks fore the explanations and the photo,s Fatgraderman .
Roel .

Registriere dich um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen.

QUOTE(Graderfan @ 08.04.15 - 02:46)

Thanks for your other pictures from your grader, the front blade looks not the one which has Volvo on their eqiupment, it is from another manufacturer?

Good catch. Actually, that is an old dozer for a farm tractor we adapted 12 or 13 years ago. At that time, the shop I worked out of had 12' doors, you could just barely wiggle a grader with a wing in and out of it. When it drifts real heavy here, a straight dozer has a hard time because the snow rolls up in front like a cinnamon bun until there's so much you just can't move it anymore. This angles manually, and because of the laid back angle, it actually lifts the snow up and over (like a truck plow) to clear it. If you're carrying enough speed, like 40 km/h it throws the snow off to the side pretty good so you aren't handling it over and over. Just keep making passes working your way out to the edge of the road until it's clear. One thing about the angle though, a lot of the snow that's thrown up, seems to end up stuck to the windshield and side windows, no matter which direction the wind is coming from.

Something else I kind of wanted to show was how tight everything is in the engine compartment of these newer machines. You've always had to take the muffler and air cleaner off to work on these, but now with the Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF), you can spend quite a while tearing things apart to do fairly simple jobs (one sensor that we've had to do twice on the outlet of the DPF can be 2hrs- it just screws in and then you do up a fastener and plug the wires in, but you end up doing it all by feel, peeling the hide off your arms and hands, and all the covers to try and get at it). This machine is "teir 4 interim", there's teir 4 final ones out now but I haven't seen one yet.

image.jpg

I had intended to blow the dust off first. We got real busy and I haven't gotten around to it. Probably get done today after work. For what ever reason the dust sucks in there really fast on these.

• 3 weeks later...

Diskutiere mit!

Du kannst jetzt antworten und Dich später anmelden. Wenn du bereits einen Account hast kannst du dich hier anmelden.

Gast
Antworte auf dieses Thema...

×   Du hast formatierten Inhalt eingefügt..   Formatierung wiederherstellen

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch umgewandelt und eingebettet.   Statt dessen nur den Link anzeigen

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gerade aktiv   0 Mitglieder

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Neu erstellen...